I am having an issue with Looptimus

Looptimus

mth24car

almost 4 years ago (edited)

I am having an issue with Looptimus, probably something I am doing wrong but here is the issue. Using Looptimus in PAD mode, with a pad bought from Worship Tutorials.com. The PAD is in Bb and we were in Bb attempting to use it for a opening. The key was not correct, I played with it a bit, just using different keys on looptimus and C was close but still not spot on. What am I doing wrong? Are the PADs not compatible? Also, something that might be considered for future updates, when in PAD mode the number 6 Pad button should be tuned to a minor sixth if possible, of at least have the option. I believe I can do it some how in Ableton Live just not sure how.
JansonRoberts

almost 4 years ago

Hey Mark, This one is kind of tricky. PAD mode in Looptimus is designed to playback a preset or patch file inside music software such as Ableton. You cannot drag and drop a recording of a track and expect the Looptimus to play that back in the right key. You'd need to set up a MIDI track that is triggered from the Looptimus using that patch/preset sound to play back, then the Looptimus will know to play it in a specific key with each scale degree being played on the root and fifth of the chord. Hope this helps.
mth24car

almost 4 years ago

I suspected it was something like that. It makes sense. Regarding the second part of my inquiry about the minor 6th, any ideas? Is this something that will have to be done in Looptimus, or can I adjust it in MainStage or Ableton Live?