Able to add ADDITIONAL tracks to existing songs?

Prime App

RHCW

11 months ago

I am primarily using PRIME for my own arrangments (click, pad, plus a few custom tracks, as needed.) Unlike a purchased arrangement that might have 18 tracks, of which you SUBTRACT all the tracks you don't need via Muting; I'm trying to go the other way: being able to ADD tracks as needed. So, on week 1 I might create Song A with just click, pad, and synth -- with sections. Then, on week 2, I might be missing a Bass player, so I'll create a Bass track to ADD to the original arrangement (still Song A). And then Week 3, I have no electric guitar player, so I'd like to add an electric guitar track - to Song A. But I don't know these things in advance; and don't have many hours to arrange for future potentialities with this week's deadline pressing.

So, IS THIS DOABLE?

How can I add tracks to existing songs with song sections?

Or do I have to completely recreate the sections everytime I want to add something?

mattslack

11 months ago

Unfortunately, there is no way to add a single track to an existing Prime upload. If you ever want to add tracks to an existing upload, you will need to re-upload the entire updated track and re-map section markers. Sorry for the inconvenience!

clctpworship

11 months ago

Also, what's the maximum number of tracks that can be uploaded? I couldn't find this info in your other documentation

RHCW

11 months ago

Matt,

Any plans to be able to manipulate song sections on the web? If so, then adding tracks to existing song -- as well as manipulating song sections -- could potentially work, right?

mattslack

11 months ago

There is currently no limit to the number of tracks you can upload in a single zip file.

Also I will have that idea passed along. Although currently there isn't a way to do this, I certainly see the value!