Able to add ADDITIONAL tracks to existing songs?

Prime App

Psalmist

4 days ago

I am primarily using PRIME for my own arrangments (click, pad, plus a few custom tracks, as needed.) Unlike a purchased arrangement that might have 18 tracks, of which you SUBTRACT all the tracks you don't need via Muting; I'm trying to go the other way: being able to ADD tracks as needed. So, on week 1 I might create Song A with just click, pad, and synth -- with sections. Then, on week 2, I might be missing a Bass player, so I'll create a Bass track to ADD to the original arrangement (still Song A). And then Week 3, I have no electric guitar player, so I'd like to add an electric guitar track - to Song A. But I don't know these things in advance; and don't have many hours to arrange for future potentialities with this week's deadline pressing.

So, IS THIS DOABLE?

How can I add tracks to existing songs with song sections?

Or do I have to completely recreate the sections everytime I want to add something?

mattslack

4 days ago

Unfortunately, there is no way to add a single track to an existing Prime upload. If you ever want to add tracks to an existing upload, you will need to re-upload the entire updated track and re-map section markers. Sorry for the inconvenience!

clctpworship

3 days ago

Also, what's the maximum number of tracks that can be uploaded? I couldn't find this info in your other documentation

Psalmist

3 days ago

Matt,

Any plans to be able to manipulate song sections on the web? If so, then adding tracks to existing song -- as well as manipulating song sections -- could potentially work, right?

mattslack

about 18 hours ago

There is currently no limit to the number of tracks you can upload in a single zip file.

Also I will have that idea passed along. Although currently there isn't a way to do this, I certainly see the value!