Ableton click off from audio and cues

Ableton

ewilkins

almost 7 years ago (edited)

We have been using ableton for a few weeks now and ABSOLUTELY love it! We are just having one issue. Sometimes when we press play on a song suddenly the click, cues and audio are all off each other by about 1-2 BPM. The weird thing about this is that we could press play once, it works great, but the very next time we press it, it is could be off. It really makes NO sense. I am positive it is not just my ears or anything. We have been playing with a click for years. We are using Ableton Live 9 into a Mac air that is brand new and there is nothing on this computer other than ableton. We also had this same problem on a different lap top. We are using a “Looptimus” as our midi controller and we are using a motu ultralite as our audio interface. I have done everything I know to do, researched all the forums and this is my last option. Please help! Thanks!
mattmccoy

almost 7 years ago

In Ableton Preferences, make sure "Auto Warp Long Samples" is turned off. Then try re-importing your tracks.
ewilkins

almost 7 years ago

Okay so update, we turned "default launch quantization" to "None" AND we doubled the bpm. So any song above 100 plays fine but if it is below it gets off. So the fix is to change the default quantization to none AND to double any BPM below 100. So if the BPM is 80, we change it to 160 and we don't have any issues.
mattmccoy

almost 7 years ago

You need to turn off warping.
JRNYWORSHIP

over 6 years ago

I am having a similar problem, even with the auto warp feature turned off. I purchased a multi-track for "End of Days" and it quickly moves off of the click (cues & tracks). I've deleted my tracks, then re-imported them but the issue persists - any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jon
mattmccoy

over 6 years ago

Hey Jonathan, Make sure the .als files (white files) are deleted from the track folder before you re-import. If Auto-Warp Long Samples is turned off and you're using a brand new session, you shouldn't have a problem.