Ableton Click/Guide Track Bleed

Ableton

angellolxxxix

over 7 years ago (edited)

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with bleed from the click/guide track in Ableton into the right channel. Has anyone ever had this issue? - I'm using the build-in Ableton click and I have that track routed to channel 1, then my actual loop/track to channel 2. For an odd reason it is bleeding enough to be able to hear it. Any help would be amazing. thank you, angel
btull89

over 7 years ago

I had this problem on a Windows 8 Dell laptop a while back. The issue was a pre-installed "sound enhancing" program that was messing with the stereo channels. I disabled it and the bleed was gone. I would make sure there aren't any third party audio boost programs on your computer.
angellolxxxix

over 7 years ago

Hey Brandon, I still can't get it to work. I'm running Ableton 9 on a MBP.
angellolxxxix

over 7 years ago

Not using an audio card either - I'm testing it on the headphones and the bleed is very noticeable - Its our first transition into Ableton for clicks/tracks from iTunes.
JakeHollebon

over 7 years ago

Channel bleed can be quite common especially with laptops and cheap audio interfaces. The signal runs aren't very well insulated so you get the bleed, not normally noticeable unless one sides very quiet. What model is your macbook? I think there were some problems with some of macs with the motherboard -> headphone jack connections Best case would be to get an audio interface - better quality audio as well!
mike

over 7 years ago

If you're running the track in ableton, try muting one side and see if the bleed is still there. That will at least narrow it down that it's not a config issue.
The Other Casey

over 7 years ago

Or it could be bleeding at whatever you are plugging into. It is unusual for a Mac to have this problem outside of the rare defect mentioned above. Try changing channels on the board and make sure that the channel the click is going into is not assigned to an audible mix bus (Not the LR bus or a group that goes to the LR bus)
jafetg

over 7 years ago

Have you checked your System Preferences "audio" tab? Sometimes the pan moves on it's own for some reason. I had a few times I could hear the right more than the left through headphones and this was the issue.
jafetg

over 7 years ago

Also, it could be that if you created the track and used a stereo spreader imager, the bleeding could be transferring from the plug-in. If you are bouncing your audio make sure you're not using any stereo imagers.
tsho08

over 7 years ago

If you are running it out of the headphone jack on your mac it's definitely that! Every Mac I've ever used bleeds through the headphone jack. Best way to run loops live is using an audio interface that's usb of firewire. it you go through your headphone jack you are done for on a mac. It's a big issue.