Ableton Scene Triggering

Ableton

smith0607

almost 4 years ago (edited)

I am new to Ableton Live 9 and I am a worship pastor at a church. Our worship is dynamic so we may choose to repeat a chorus more than once or go back to a verse, etc. I have everything set up so that if I don't use my midi controller, the song will flow through as originally planned and have the quantization and follow actions all set up. My issue is that when assigning my midi controller to the different sections of the song that it triggers the scene I am trying to go to too quickly. For example, lets say I just started the chorus and I already know I want to go to the chorus again and I press the controller for that scene, instead of finishing the scene, it goes into the chorus scene immediately instead of finishing it then going into it again. I want to be able to trigger whatever scene I want anytime during the scene I am currently in and then ableton finish the scene I am in and then go to the one I have chosen. Hope this makes sense. I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks!
mattmccoy

almost 4 years ago

This isn't possible unless you are using Session View. You would need to break your song into sections, and then use the "Follow" plugin to tell it to go to a different scene after the current scene is done playing.
smith0607

almost 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply Matt. I love watching your videos and such on Ableton and everything else. I am in session view and I have my songs separated by verse, chorus, etc and the follow setting under launch set to go to the next section after so many measures but my issue is under the master column for each scene (or section of the songs) where my midi controller controls those scenes. When I use my midi controller it plays the scene I am choosing, but it doesn't finish the current scene I am in, it starts playing it immediately at the next down beat. Hope that makes better sense.