Ableton Scenes

Ableton

kcroyaljosh

over 7 years ago (edited)

I am trying to setup scenes in the session view and I have completed them, but they loop back to the beginning of the scene, how do I get them to continue on with the song?
mattmccoy

over 7 years ago

You can use follow actions, or you can use a really cool plugin by isotonic studios, called "Follow". Well worth the money and allows you to automate scenes easily.
HBC_Burlington

over 7 years ago

Matt, is there a video on this plugin by isotonic? I would love to see how you use it in worship sets. Thanks,
feinbergpaul

over 7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6F_W-U8lE Here is the video Kyle did on the follow action. Looks sweet, but I haven't purchased it.
kcroyaljosh

over 7 years ago

Matt, Do you still consolidate time into new scene using follow? I'm working with some original tracks from another source. I'm guessing that it works the same when you are using original tracks as well.
mattmccoy

about 7 years ago

I'm honestly just running full tracks now instead of jumping around scenes... it's just easier, and I end up doing songs the same way most of the time anyways. If I DO change it up for a "spontaneous" moment, its usually at the end of the song when the track is over anyways... So I let the track finish, then do a quiet down chorus or bridge. My work flow has really changed since I started using Ableton in the beginning.