Producing Tracks

Adding cues to irregular measures within the song (cues in the middle of a measure instead of the downbeat)

Producing Tracks

PathwayLongview

21 days ago (edited)

I created a track for O The Blood (Gateway Worship) and uploaded to Prime for our personal use. On the last tag of the last chorus, there's a 2/4 measure in the midst of the 4/4 measures. Because of that, I cannot place the cue for the outro in the right place. I just purchased a track made by Loop Community for the song The Passion by Hillsong. There's the same thing happening right at the end of the second chorus, which puts all the rest of the track off by 2 beats, but whoever made this track at LC was able to place the subsequent cues all in the middle of the bars, so they would be correct. Is there a way to do this I just don't know? Please help. There are many songs that do this!

mattslack

20 days ago

This is something we are continually looking into! Thanks for the input, I'll pass along your support for this to our development team!

ru4g2day

19 days ago

Upload track as 2/4. Solves ur problem.

PathwayLongview

17 days ago

This comment has been deleted.

PathwayLongview

17 days ago (edited)

If I do that the cues don't count 1-2-3-4, and are too short.

resworship

16 days ago

@PathwayLongview, If you're producing your own track, you can create it with the irregular measuresand then upload it as normal but DISABLE the option to "Generate Click Dynamically" when you do playback in the set list.

If you're dealing with it on a track that you both from LC, then you can do the same thing and use the original artist's click/cues rather than the dynamically generated ones (if they have created it that way).

That's the only way I know of currently to deal with it. You can't currently have irregular measures with a dynamically generated click.

mattslack

16 days ago

One way arouond this is to upload to the Prime Cloud at 2/4 long enough to place your markers in Prime. Then you can go back and set the time signature to 4/4 in the Prime Cloud and delete and re-download the track in Prime. You'll then find that the markers correct and cues sounding appropriately.