Logic & MainStage

Ambient Pads in Mainstage

Logic & MainStage

dougster1989

over 8 years ago (edited)

Hi guys, I've recently starting using Mainstage to run loops at church mainly because it was a piece of software that I had used briefly in the past so decided on this over Ableton. I know a lot of folk use the excellent Ambient Pads by Karl Verdake with Ableton but I'd be interested to hear folks thoughts on setting this up in Mainstage. Obviously with Ableton you can set them up and assign them to a particular button on a foot controller and fire a particular pad in a particular key at will. Is there a similar way to do this with Mainstage so that you can select which pad to play in whichever key you choose? I know this could be done by setting up a patch for each pad in each key and then importing that patch inbetween each song in your set but I was wondering if there was a way that you could still select a particular ambient pad in a particular key on the fly? Thanks in advance! Douglas
alfie92

over 7 years ago

Hi everyone im having trouble getting this to work for me. I have and LPD8 and im trying to use the drum pads to activate a certian note for a certain key like if the song is in A I want to assign a drum pad to play an A note. Ive followed the steps but I dont know how to assigns the zones in ESX24 to the drum pads? Is there a way to do this?