Any iPad's faster?

Prime App

sbruce

over 5 years ago (edited)

I've been using PRIME and Looptimus with an iPad Mini 2. I've also been using an old iPad 2 for chords, etc. on a mic clip holder. Well the clip slipped Sunday and killed my iPad 2 :( The Mini has has been working OK, but the lag loading songs has been really annoying. It makes transitions pretty awkward. I'm wondering if that's just the nature of the PRIME app or if a faster/newer iPad would speed things up? Anyone noticed an improvement in performance with a newer device? Thanks!
TonyIngreso

over 5 years ago

Im running PRIME with an Ipad air. It runs pretty fast. Are you up to date with the current iOs?
JansonRoberts

over 5 years ago

Hey Steven, If you're using the iPad Air or newer, you'll notice that it runs PRIME a good deal quicker. If you're having issues with the iPad Mini, you can trim the track at the end using fade out in PRIME as well as auto advance to time the transitions just right. I use the Manos iPad clip for my mic stand. If you're looking for a better clip, this one is great! Hope this helps. - Janson
sbruce

over 5 years ago

Thanks. I bought the K&M clip for Air 2 (both should arrive Wednesday). I am using latest iOS. The lag is as PRIME loads the new songs..so the change in between songs (even using auto advance)...hopefully a newer iPad will help.
JansonRoberts

over 5 years ago

Awesome! Also try out the fade out feature. You can set cut off times for tracks as well if the audio naturally fades so that PRIME will advance the tracks more quickly. May just need to keep it customized each week a little more. The new iPad should help!
sbruce

over 5 years ago

I'll take a look at the fade again; I have been using it, but haven't found that it helps transition things any faster. Also, I actually bought the Air 2 to replace my broken iPad 2 that ran my charts/scriptures, talking points, etc . I have been using a separate Mini 2 for PRIME (on the floor). Anyone have any issues using PRIME in the background while also using a chart app? That would save me having 2 iPads on stage :)
sbruce

over 5 years ago

Just an update...tried my new Air2 and WOW! It is a noticeable different in speed. I don't have the annoying lag in between songs like I did with the Mini2. Now I'm spoiled and will have to find a more recent iOS device to run PRIME, as this Air 2 was for my stand and to travel around with. I could use my iPhone 6, but that would be a pain as I use it for texting while I'm running between services :)
phowell3

about 3 years ago

This is an old thread but I'm pretty sure that Prime requires iOS10 to run. I have a new iPad but I don't think Prime would even run on my iPad Mini (1st generation)