Arrangement View

Ableton

jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago (edited)

I am Brand new to Live. I dragged in some tracks into session view. When I go to arrangement view I don't see any wave forms. How do I see the wave forms when I go from session to arrangement view so I can add my locators? Thanks, Jon
stonehatr1928

over 5 years ago

Session view and arrangement view are not connected like that. You will have to drag those same files into arrangement view separately.
jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago

Thanks, so if I add the tracks in arrangement view as well and then toggle between the two views are they two seperate entities?
stonehatr1928

over 5 years ago

Yes, but they are meant to compliment each other. One of the main ideas behind the two views is that you can try out musical ideas in session view and then use arrangement view when you are ready to map out those ideas in a song "arrangement". One thing I have noticed is that when you start adding instruments whether audio tracks or midi tracks, those instruments will show up in either view, just not midi or audio files. Does that help?
stonehatr1928

over 5 years ago

That being said, I have yet to use it that way. I just use Arrangement view to build tracks, and session view to run them for worship.
jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago

Got it, so arrangement view is better for adding locators. For instance if in rehearsal I want to start at a chorus, if I build the track in arrangement view with my locators I can start wherever I want for rehearsal purposes and when I want to run the entire track start to finish for performance I can switch to session view?
jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago

Thanks, so if I add the tracks in arrangement view as well and then toggle between the two views are they two seperate entities?