Assigning Looptimus NEXT and PREV buttons in Midi

Looptimus

PYMalive

almost 5 years ago (edited)

First off ... LOVE the new PRIME 3. Well done! I'm assigning my Looptimus buttons to channels within a track using the PRIME Midi feature as outlined in your tutorial yesterday. Works fine except when I attempt to assign the next or previous buttons on the Looptimus. Stop works to assign, but the next and previous do not seem to be sending a signal to PRIME? Thoughts on this?
C3SanDiegoWCA

almost 5 years ago

Thats pretty strange, what are you trying to assign the forward and backward buttons to?
PYMalive

almost 5 years ago

PRIME 3 has the forward and back arrows which can be assigned midi functions. I'm trying to assign the Previous and the Next buttons on my looptimus to those arrows.
worshiponthemt

almost 5 years ago

i am able to assign the next and previous in prime to midi channel, however, i would like be able to have some universal commands on each midi channel for each song while using prime. For example the next arrow, play, and loop/repeat would be awesome to have available during each song without flipping back to midi channel one.
mattmccoy

almost 5 years ago

The "NEXT" and "PREV" buttons on Looptimus can NOT be assigned because they don't send MIDI. Those buttons change the bank that you're on in Looptimus.
PYMalive

almost 5 years ago

Brilliant! Thanks Matt!