Avoiding the obvious loop start/stop in session view.

Ableton

Cdaug7

over 7 years ago (edited)

When running clicks and triggering percussion loops from behind the kit with a band, I've been using the session view to launch the clips or trigger Ableton's cue track with a blank midi file. This has worked fine for percussion/drum loops. When my wife and I lead for other events/worship services (vocal & guitar), i build tracks/sets in the arrangement view and launch by locators. This allows me to jump to song parts if and when needed. I recently put together a loop library in session view thinking i could accomplish the same thing however session view does not always create a seamless flow when jumping to a part. for example our track for "Revelation Song" will allow me to re-trigger the intro pads without any noticeable break in the sustain of the pads in arrangement view however, when I set the intro up as its own clip and loop it in session view it has a very obvious break and re-trigger effect. Is there a way to prevent this? Did some searching on the site but didn't see this addressed directly. Thanks.
nlsn

over 7 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm getting your question right, but I believe that I have had some of the same problems in my implementation of loops as well. I've done a little research on this and think this might be of some assistance for you... https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48113&start=0
Cdaug7

over 7 years ago

Thanks for the response. I can try pulling those bars from a different measure and see what the result will be. I'm still unclear as to why Ableton is capable of doing this in the arrangement view without issue using locators but can't accomodate the same result in session. I was thinking i might have a setting in the clip incorrect. I'll experiment with it some more.
mike

over 7 years ago

If it's the same section as arrangement view, and you've got the clip set to loop, it should function exactly the same. If it's not, you probably missed a measure at the front or the back.