Can Cues be OFF the downbeat (the 1)?

Prime App

Shimatetsuo

12 days ago (edited)

I have looked everywhere for an answer to this but was unable to find one. I have made a backing track for Faithful Now, but the verses sometimes start on the 3, not the 1. When I try to pull the cue to the correct spot it wants to move either back to the 1 before or to the 1 after. Is this by design? If so is it possible to upload my own cue and click with the files?

Thanks,

Edit - By the way, I have tried this already but it treats the cue and the click I upload as part of the backing track. I guess the right question would be can I specify that those parts are not the backing track so the play in the correct channel?

mattslack

11 days ago

When placing section markers, you'll only be able to put them on the downbeat of each measure. If you have split bars in your track, you can get aroundt his by changing the time signature of your track to 2/4 (if your track is in 4/4) in the track details via the site. Then re-download the track and you should be able to place your marker in the middle of the track. At this point, you can change the time signature back and re-download it to the devic and everything should be correct. With regards to your panning issue, make sure that your cues track is labeled "CUES" and your click track is labeled "CLICK". This will ensure that Prime knows to pan them opposite of the rest of your tracks. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Shimatetsuo

11 days ago

Thanks so much for this response, I will try the 2/4 trick first. I figured that was by design and I totally get it. Glad there is a workaround for it.