Choppy Clips in Ableton

Ableton

austinlargusa

about 7 years ago (edited)

Just bought the intro version of Ableton and have been experiencing an issue with a pad loop (Shalon Palmer). For some reason when playing the loop, it sounds choppy. Almost as if the sound is going in and out. If I play it from my phone or ipad , it plays flawlessly. Not sure if it's a computer issue. Any ideas?
ejgauna

about 7 years ago

Check the bpm on that particular clip. Sometimes when I import a clip the bpm changes. Make sure it's the same as the other parts.
nlsn

about 7 years ago

Look in the clip editor window (bottom left). Are you warping in Beats mode? If so, this can make long tones (i.e. Synthesizer whole notes, bass notes that sustain, etc...) sound chopped up. Switch it to a different mode such as Tone, Complex, or Complex pro. Beats is great to use for rhythmic parts and drum loops. Not so much for voices, horns, strings, synths, etc... if there are long notes involved. Beats uses less CPU, which can be a big deal if you don't have a lot to spare. Complex, etc... use more. It's a balancing act sometimes. I hope this helps.
austinlargusa

about 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it. I will check the settings ASAP