Computer Question

Ableton

kferris

almost 7 years ago (edited)

Apologize if this has been asked before. I have a 2013 MBP 8 Gigs of Ram.... Am I asking for problems if I try and run Pro Presenter, Ableton and Mainstage on the same computer? Anybody currently doing this?
feinbergpaul

almost 7 years ago

I am not, but knowing Pro Presenter I prefer not to use two intense memory hogging programs like that together at the same time. Especially during a church service. I wouldn't do it, but you should just test it out at a band practice a few times before doing it at an actual service.
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

I think your on a suicide mission with that effort.....It's going to depend on what hardware you have connected for an interface and if it'll work with both DAW's also how much stuff your running in each. I know mainstage can be pretty intense on the CPU Usage depending on how you use it. I've never had an issue on my mac running both ableton and mainstage at the same time but I have a newer one running 16GB ram and I'm not using pro presentor. Or using both live at the same time. Mostly just for practicing and messing with tracks.
nlsn

almost 7 years ago

Russel Dunlap at Lakewood Church in Houston talks about his setup. He uses 2 Microsoft as well as an iPad as a remote. Something tells me he has a good reason for that. However, with nothing to lose, try it in a rehearsal. See if you can push it. Try to find the limit. Ableton Programmer for Lakewood Church Russell Du…: http://youtu.be/6eFD8G8eI30
nlsn

almost 7 years ago

Spell check got me... Not microsoft; MAC BOOK PROs ::: eye roll :::
kferris

almost 7 years ago

Okay.... I'm adding another computer. On a 2013 MB Pro * gigs of Ram...can it handle Mainstage and Ableton ? Mainstage will be running simple keyboard sounds I will have a MB Pro 2014 with quad core i7 for Pro Presenter
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

Yeah, just watch your interface and how you are pushing all your sounds and things out.