Producing Tracks

Crackle static

Producing Tracks

Allen_Tidmore

4 months ago (edited)

Been using track rig and prime app for a year. I have been having serious crackling issues at the most random times during a set. Once it starts it won't stop, even as I change tracks. Some tracks are lowered in key and others are in original keys. I run the same tracks in ableton 11 and they don't replicate the problem using trackrig, of course. I have been troubleshooting this since Christmas and it continues.

Extra note, we are two campuses and this same issue occurs across iPads, iPhones, and computers when using trackrig... It even happened with my focusrite interface.

This past weekend it worked great for a midweek rehearsal, and then come Sunday morning it started the intense crackling. I restarted my computer, which has 16gb ram, and nothing changed, restarted a ton, changed trackrig to different USBC ports. Still an intense crackle. We ended up going mono and splitting tracks and click. It was fine.

I have concluded it is a sample rate/buffer issue. I have been working with daws for years, and when this would occur, too adjusting the sample rate would always correct the issue.

I need input, please. And Help. Thanks!

mattslack

4 months ago

Hey Allen, We're sorry to hear this! Can you tell us if you're using purchased tracks or custom uploads in Prime? Are you having this issue with both/all in Prime? Shoot an email to our support staff at support@loopcommunity.com and we'd be happy to troubleshoot fuerther with you!

Joshuaprice

4 months ago

This comment has been deleted.

Allen_Tidmore

4 months ago

I sent an email.

Joshuaprice

4 months ago (edited)

Hey there, this is allen. I'm repsonding through Josh's account. I have figured out the problem.

The sample rate option is found in audio midi setup. I found trackrig and was able to adjust the output rate. Mine was set at 48K. I changed it to 441K and it fixed my issue...

If anyone finds an issue with crackling and popping with prime, audio output rate needs to be set to 441K in the audio midi setup app(or least for our situation) . The audio midi app is in your app folder in finder on a mac.

mattslack

4 months ago

Glad to hear this! Thanks so much for the follow up. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues!