Producing Tracks

Creating Loops with drum beats

Producing Tracks

breezluv32

over 9 years ago (edited)

Hi Folks, I have recently started creating loops using Live 8. I can make a pretty good loop with pads, keys, strings, etc. The loops that I have listened to on this site have some awesome low rez drum beats, percussion elements to them. How are you guys doing this? Do you create each one based on a loop using Impulse and effects? I came across another loop site (http://www.loopsinworship.com) where they sell something called "Elements" that is a package of this type of loops. Is anyone here using that? Its a little pricey, so just wanted to see if anyone had a good experience with it. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Jakes

about 9 years ago (edited)

@breezluv32 Some of the low end sounds that I am using are ones that I have affected using a combination of gates/compression, filters, and reverb. You need to realize that you will not here all the low end that is really their unless you have a good set of studio monitors. I try and take my loops into our worship center and listen to it over the pa to really here the Low end and make adjustments I need to. To much low end can really ruin the mix and allot of system can't handle the frequency build up. As for the elements package I have not used these. I recommend building you own package of sounds that are unique to the style you want. this will allow you to be as creative as possible.

breezluv32

Thanks! Sounds like a plan. I'm still learning Ableton, and drum/percussion is my biggest struggle. Alot probably comes from the fact that I am not a drummer, so its hard to build beats in my mind. I'll keep working at it! Thanks again.
tstooksbury

Im really careful with drum loops because you don't want to get in the way with you loop. You want to supplement the song. I keep the sounds I pick for drums pretty minimalistic but still fat enough to do something. The only time I get crazy is when i have specific role for it to be a little crazy. I add shaker and Tamb when its necessary. Thats pretty often. Glitchy stuff can sound weird though if its not used right. Sometimes if your standing in certain spots in a room it can really sound annoying.