Producing Tracks

Creating or Purchasing Loops economically

Producing Tracks

worshippastor

about 8 years ago (edited)

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find ways to either purchase loops economically for a small church or create them myself. I just lost my keys/pad/synth player. What I really need is not a loop that has all band parts but just some pad/synth work and the ability to add or take out drums. When I look at the pricing of loops that include the ableton session (so I can only play the parts I need to complete the band), the price is just too much for my church when it comes to buying that many loops for each Sunday. So, my question is if there is a smarter way to go about doing this since I can't afford $20 per song? What are other churches out there doing that are small in size? I just purchased Ableton Standard and I'm learning how to use the software, but it is pretty hard for me, and I'm worried about the time it will take to make all these loops that I need for songs each week. I assume my next step would be to create my own loops, but I'm not seeing that the Standard version of Ableton comes with very much on the synth/pad side. That of course could be my inability to use the software properly! I do see synth or pad rack effects but can't seem to make the sound be like the song I'm trying to copy. If someone could give me some ideas on what they've done that would be great! Thanks guys for all your help! Bart
mrdister

You could always learn to make your own which would of course be the cheapest way. The steps for doing that would take more than a forum post unfortunately. I will often just make a click track and cues track for certain songs so that saves money. Plus, you can always go with the $9.99 loop option for any Loop Community song. It will still give you the cues track by itself, the click & loop split, and the loop track by itself. I do that often and just grab the stereo loop track.
worshippastor

Thanks for the info. If I have a particular song in mind, what are some good resources to use for learning Ableton so I could create my own track?
mrdister

Not to be too predictable, but we have certified trainers on staff @ LC :) http://loopcommunity.com/personal-ableton-training