Producing Tracks

Creating Synth Sounds

Producing Tracks

CalebMillsVCC

almost 8 years ago (edited)

I'm in the process of writing and producing a collection of original worship songs for my home church, and I'd really like to write some upbeat, "dancey" worship songs reminiscent of what Worship Central and Hillsong Y&F are doing. I'm getting stuck on one of the most simple parts though. I con't figure out what kind of synth sound to use for the basic chording of the songs. For instance, the dance part on "Wake" by Hillsong Y&F uses a really cool, full sounding synth for the chords, but what kind of sound is that? Every synth sound I've found or built is either a lead synth which doesn't fill a lot of space, or it's a synth pad which is too slow or mellow for upbeat songs. What kind of synth sound should I be looking for or how do I create a good, upbeat synth sound for some chords? Thanks.
btull89

almost 8 years ago

I am very new to this as well so I look forward to more insight on this topic.. It seems like a lot of the sounds I have found in Ableton Live are not what I was looking for. I had to play around with adding tons of effects to a sound that was remotely similar to what I was looking for. I was looking to replicate a Jesus Culture pad, and I only got a little close by taking Matt McCoy's Shine Pad and adding tons of effects to it. I'm not sure what software you are using, but you can heavily modify the sound of the instruments by adding effects. What software are you using Caleb?
CalebMillsVCC

almost 8 years ago

Ableton 9 and MainStage 3
tsho08

almost 8 years ago

hey I have a great sound for you if you are using logic and or mainstage it can be in logic 9 or X and mainstage 2 or 3
tsho08

almost 8 years ago

hey I have a great sound for you if you are using logic and or mainstage it can be in logic 9 or X and mainstage 2 or 3
CalebMillsVCC

almost 8 years ago

Great, what is it?
tsho08

almost 8 years ago

send me an email short.travis08@gmail.com