Crossfade/Fade Out

Prime App

BroLGray

about 6 years ago (edited)

Is crossfading songs or fading out songs ever going to be a feature in Prime? If it were, there's a good chance it could be my favorite app in the universe. I'd love to be able to crossfade between songs for smoother transitions (having the option to choose the crossfade time would be rad) and have the track fade out if stop is pushed. In the rare instance that the band gets off the click, rather than just having a ridiculously awkward moment where the track just goes from 100 to 0 instantly, it might make it less obvious if it faded out. Just some suggestions!
winston66

over 3 years ago

This update from Prime is awesome and definitely a game changer! Finally no more awkward silence when your keyboard player isn't there to fill in the gaps. Buttery smooth transitions into the next song. The ability to "stay in the song" after the multitrack has ended which enables spontaneous worship while staying on time. Thank you very much for all the hard work that you have put in it. Thanks for listening to the needs of the worship leaders and musicians in the community. Can't wait for cross fade on demand! You guy rock!
joelcolin

over 3 years ago

This is a great update, really like the new cross-fade (I've been playing with it for a couple of hours now). Is it possible if you guys could potentially add a feature which allows for the pad to play underneath songs? I have a few tracks where it is just piano at the start with no pads (it feels kinda awkward) I might be asking for a bit too much, but it would be greatly appreciated if it were to be done.
chrisgarcia03

over 3 years ago

This is awesome! I take it that best time for the Crossfade option would be if the songs are in different keys? If the songs are in the same key then the Overlap option would be best? Just trying to gather everyone's take
keldonellis

about 3 years ago

The new update is great! I’m also looking forward to the ability to manually advance from a pad, but retain the selected transition. There are often moments that we just want to sit on the pad for a while during a scripture reading or prayer, and whenever it wraps up, just manually advance to the next track. Is there a timeline for when the next update will hit? Thanks for all you guys do!
mattmccoy

about 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! We will be working hard to improve this feature even more!
Themumfs

about 3 years ago

Matt, any idea when we can expect the manual crossfade? I was so excited to get the crossfade feature but can't use PRIME until manual crossfade is available. It just won't work with the way we use backing tracks in my church.
timbsmith

about 3 years ago

Matt and the LC team, thanks for an incredible tool that just keeps getting better! Just throwing my vote in for being able to manually trigger a crossfade to the start of the next setlist item (at a spontaneously chosen time, not the end of a song) It's a pretty specific scenario, but it sure is useful: I currently put a pad track between two songs (where I think it would be good to 'hold the moment' in worship). I set the first song to crossfade to the pad when done, I let the pad run while we pause/pray/wait, and then use the manual fade out feature followed by next song trigger as soon as the pad has totally faded. This works, but being able to just tap one button to smoothly crossfade into to the next song would be so much better.
m2milestone

almost 3 years ago

Love the NEW CROSSFADE ON DEMAND. I feel like my world is complete!! LOL It is so smooth, it gives me chills (especially when you transition to the same key). No more pedal crossfading like a nascar driver. Thank you guys so much for this hardwork.
llindahl

almost 3 years ago

This new update is fantastic. Thanks LoopCommunity for listening! Next, I would love to be able to add a click to prime pads. With the new on demand crossfade feature, I could easily customize the beginning of a song IN TIME before beginning the actual track when I want. I would use this all the time!