Cutting and pasting from arrangement to session view

Ableton

jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago (edited)

So I am very new to Abelton and I have spent quite a bit of time watching the tutorials on LC. So I want to be able to start at any point in a song for rehearsal purposes only I don't see myself jumping to different song sections in a Live setting. So as far as I understand would it be best for me to start in Arrangement view set locators and then copy and paste into Sessions view? If I have any automation (e.g. panning on individual tracks) should I automate that in both arrangement and Session view? Also In the videos I have seen by Matt McCoy he will drag the various sections i.e. verse, chorus from Arrangement to Session view. My question is after the verse, chorus etc. Live doesn't automatically start playing the next scene so it will play just a verse and stop. Is there a way to start at a certain section and have Live continue to play the section (or scene) after it? Thanks, Jon
dspille

over 5 years ago

From session view, we typically launch the scene, then drag the arrangement position vertically to scrub forward or backward. You can also just type the measure number into the arrangement position box. This seems to work well enough for rehearsal purposes. A lot of types I will double-click on the cues/guide clip so I can see whether the current arrangement position is relative to the cues. This helps you better see the current position in the song.
jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago

Thanks Dennis, I will try this.
nlsn

over 5 years ago

https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-to-i-get-my-arrangement-into-session-mode-for-playing-live