export sections to master list

Ableton

dunamis

about 7 years ago (edited)

Thank you in advance for your help as I'm just getting into using Ableton for live worship.... My question is after I set my markers in arrangement view and drag the individual sections of songs (Verse, pre-chorus, etc) and then drag them to session view, how do I export the individual sections of songs to my master list. Hope I'm making sense....(forgive me for my ignorance....) I don't know how to save the sections of songs individually where I can import back into my master song list? Would appreciate someone to give details for absolute newb.... God Bless
chackyjazz

about 7 years ago

I am almost sure that you can do it this way: 1. Save that Song Set List File. 2. Then Open your Master Set List file 3. Browse your Song Set List. 4. Drag the Song Set List File into the Session View (as you do with any mp3, clip or Loop) Let me know if it work.
dunamis

about 7 years ago

Thank you Erick first of all for your assistance... I did "save live set as" and it did save the sections but doesn't indicate (verse, pre-chorus etc). Just has the title name and so I have to figure out by previewing each one even though I renamed them accordingly to each part.
dunamis

about 7 years ago

actually....I can't drag and drop into my master list...I won't allow me..
chackyjazz

about 7 years ago

Hi Charles Actually this guy was able to do it. He drags the proyect into his master set list and it pulls all the different sessions. Check out his video at minute 4:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEbWezX0Ps You can also try another method. Exporting each section audio (Intro, Verse, Chorus, etc) and then import each of them in your master set list. Check out Matt McCoy video at minute 28:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZXjhqbk0TY Hope this helps. Erick
mattmccoy

about 7 years ago

You can accomplish this a few different ways: 1.) copy and paste from arrangement view 2.) drag in an ableton session file into the session that you want to import them into. 3.) export the sections as new, separate WAV files. This is what I do and prefer it this way. It just feels cleaner. I have a folder for each song, and in the folder has my different sections for each song.