Expression Pedal / Master Fader

Prime App

mattmccoy

over 6 years ago (edited)

Hey Everyone, We're looking at updating the PRIME expression pedal / master fader options. Currently, the Master fader adjusts the volume of ALL tracks (both click and loop). If you have "Expression Pedal" turned On, then the expression pedal just controls the volume of the Loop side. Is this working for everyone? Would you prefer if we changed it so the Master Fader always just controls the Loop side? Let us know what works for you!
Jimmy41481

over 6 years ago

I think it would be best if it controlled just the loop side. If you have a song with 16 tracks and you want less loop you have to turn down 16 individual tracks. If you want less click or cues there are only 2 channels to deal with.
stoopalini

about 6 years ago

How about putting a toggle button on each track to switch master volume control on and off individually? Then the user can decide what they want the expression pedal to control and what remains unchanged.
mattmccoy

about 6 years ago

Ok, for now we are going to leave it as is. The green Master fader controls the overall volume of all the tracks in a song (both Red and Blue). This helps you adjust songs at different levels if you need to. If you "Turn the Expression Pedal On", then the expression pedal controls only the Loop side (blue tracks). Also, remember that you can always MIDI map your expression pedal to the Master fader if you want to. This gives you a variety of options of how you can use expression pedals and the master fader. I think this is the best option for now, unless you guys have any other ideas.
stoopalini

about 6 years ago

Sounds good Matt ... Options are always the way to go! Will this new update fix the expression pedal not working on the iPhone version of Prime? That's my biggest thing right now, as I don't use an iPad for loops and pads. I use my iPhone 5s and the expression pedal doesn't work with the iPhone version.
mattmccoy

about 6 years ago

Yep, fix is coming in the next update.
PYMalive

about 6 years ago

I had no idea there was a bug that kept the expression pedal from working with PRIME on the iPhone. I have spent so much time fooling around trying to overcome that issue. LOL. When is the update coming? (This weekend would be a blast if it was released by then!!)
mattmccoy

about 6 years ago

We submitted the update yesterday.
PYMalive

about 6 years ago

Sweet. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for all you guys do!