Producing Tracks

Favoured loop content is..... midi or live recordings? solos or not?

Producing Tracks

RickBrock

over 9 years ago (edited)

Dear anyone and everyone.... Do you prefer to have your loops and multitracks as 'perfect' midi files turned into the appropriate sounds for the tracks? Or Do you prefer to have a 'live' recording complete with human timing? / fret noise / slight feedback on guitars? If a song has a 'smoking hot solo' in it (Today is the Day - Lincoln Brewster for example) would you prefer to have a gap for you to solo? a recorded solo, or just cut out that bit and get on with the song? and what about BV's? with or without? many thanks... Rick
Paulcase

Personally my loops are all MIDI files. I use as much live playing as I can and use the loops to fill the band out. So that would mean that if we did do a solo it would be done live which does give the musicians the ability to express their worship through their playing. And I personally never have BV vocals in my loops. If I am really hard up for some harmony and can't find anyone I use a tc electronics vocal effects processor.
RickBrock

yeah, gotta love the TC voice live ..... a whole set of BV's (and you don't need to feed or pay them either)
Paulcase

Exactly!!!!!
benworcester

With synths/leads, I often want that perfect sound so I adjust note values and velocities to perfect levels. Sometimes I leave the live velocities and values with things like bells, strings, etc. to give more depth. If it's something we can do live, we'll do it--Today Is the Day solo included. I'd rather have a guy nail it on stage then to have it at all and we often cut that instrumental if it won't work out...