How to adjust Volume Pedal sensitivity in Ableton Live

Ableton

RaytownWorship

about 7 years ago (edited)

I'm trying to adjust the sensitivity of my volume pedal in Ableton Live. When I try to fade in or out of a track it is way too fast and abrupt. I would like to get a nice full range swell-like fade in and out with this pedal. Any suggestions?
nlsn

about 7 years ago

What's the make/model of your pedal?
RaytownWorship

about 7 years ago

I'm using an Earnie Ball pedal. I have signal, but it's just not using the full range of the pedal. It seems to be too sensitive. I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere in Live.
nlsn

about 7 years ago

If you're using it with the midi mapping mode, here's a link to how to mess around with the CC values to get the range you're looking for... https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188850&p=1471858&hilit=volume+pedal#p1471858
RaytownWorship

about 7 years ago

Thank you. I am using MMM. I will give that a shot. Blessings!
HBC_Burlington

almost 7 years ago

I am having the same problem with the volume pedal hooked up to ableton. I would also like to have a more fluid volume swell, but it seems like I have to push the pedal halfway before it starts increasing the volume. Even when I raise the minimum value on the midi mapping window it still doesn't start increasing volume until half way pressed. Any ideas or help? I have an Ernie Ball Pedal as well. (I have even tried adjusting the value range on my looptimus expression pedal out but that just makes it go haywire.)
mattmccoy

almost 7 years ago

I think Ernie Ball is pretty sensitive since you are kind of jimmy-rigging it as an expression pedal. It's naturally a volume pedal. Try an actual expression pedal? M-Audio makes an affordable one.
AndyWalker

almost 7 years ago

I use a Mission Engineering expression pedal with my looptimus and it works fantastic for controlling levels in ableton.
feinbergpaul

almost 7 years ago

I use the M-Audio Expression pedal works great and wasn't expensive.
HBC_Burlington

almost 7 years ago

Thank you! That helps a lot!
sybaek9

over 6 years ago

With the use of IEM during worship, I do not feel confident using an expression pedal to change volume as the FOH and my IEM volumes are totally different. It may sound smooth in my ears but sometimes doesn't in the FOH. I would recommend leaving the volume control for the swell in/out to the FOH (communicate before) or use fade in/out on the particular track(s). This will not only make it smoother but will reduce work for you to manually work with volume control.