Producing Tracks

How to prepare loop when uploading to LC.

Producing Tracks

DerekJones

almost 6 years ago (edited)

I need some help uploading my muti-tracks to LC. I have everything finished and zipped. I have converted all files to .wav and renamed. Two of may files have the title A-return and B return and I was wondering what these were? I also Panned click and cues left and the rest right in ableton before I finished. Should I have left them unpanned? When I upload, I can't download my tracks on prime and keep getting a download fail message. thanks in advance, Derek.
dspille

almost 6 years ago

I'm not certain what the A-return and B-return are, but I'm pretty certain, you should not pan your click and cues tracks, keep them centered. The PRIME upload process will automatically handle the panning for you based upon the names of the files (CLICK.wav and CUES.wav). Are all of your tracks the same length?
DerekJones

almost 6 years ago

They are not. I'm guessing they should be. Would you suggest not uploading the "A return, B return" files?
dspille

almost 6 years ago

I would try making them of equal length. Not sure if that is required, but it's probably a good practice. I would not upload the A return and B return files. These are probably from the the effects bus, and shouldn't be necessary. For stems, it's better to apply all of your effects (if any) on each track's bus.
DerekJones

almost 6 years ago

Thanks a lot brother. Ill give it a shot.
JansonRoberts

almost 6 years ago

Hey Derek! Were you able to resolve the issue? If not, you can send in a support ticket into support@loopcommunity.com and we'll be able to help resolve any issues you're having! Dennis, thanks for the kind help! You guys make LC the best! - Janson
DerekJones

almost 6 years ago

Hey Janson, I have not been able to pinpoint the problem yet. Ive tried all suggestions and even tried using different file types. I also sent a support ticket days ago but I'm sure it takes time to evaluate. Im open to any pointers if you have any. Thanks- Derek
mattmccoy

almost 6 years ago

Hey Derek - 1.) Keep all your tracks centered. Don't pan them. PRIME will do that for you. 2.) Don't include the A and B return files. 3.) The download error is something we are working on right now and will hopefully have a fix soon. Sorry about that, Matt