Imported tracks are not split

Prime App

mrrickygarza1

almost 6 years ago (edited)

Hey PRIME! So I was using a few tracks from MultiTracks.com and had no problem uploading them to Loop Community and using them in PRIME, and then last week we had an issue with it all of a sudden not being split within PRIME. We had both track & click/cues coming out of both L & R for the first time. Is this an issue with a new update you guys did to PRIME? Thanks for being a blessing to so many, Ricky
clayhenry87

almost 6 years ago

I've had the same issue for weeks. It's frustrating since I love using Prime and especially for tracks purchased from LC but for others it makes the app useless. Unfortunately LC doesn't have enough tracks for me to only buy from them either. Every week I hope there's a fix, then great, an update. But no fix for this problem. yet. Disappointed.
josiahcarver

almost 6 years ago

Try closing and restarting the app. That works for use when we have that issue (which we do regularly).
mrrickygarza1

almost 6 years ago

I figured out the issue. You have to rename the Custom Track with "SPLIT" before ".wav". I was purchasing them from MultiTracks and they had a long custom name, but then I changed the name (ex: "CustomMix_From_The_Inside_Out_72.mp3 to FromTheInsideOutSPLIT.wav). Once I did this and reuploaded it works fine! Hope this helps! - R