iPad + Prime + multichannel output interface?

Prime App

jordoc

about 7 years ago (edited)

Is it theoretically possible to use Prime on an ipad out-putting to a usb interface like the presonus 1818vsl via camera connection kit thereby eliminating the need to use multitrack software like abelton altogether? Seems like it would be a fantastic solution to the basic needs of many worship leaders to be able to quickly mix, transpose and adjust bpm for worship. I just ordered the camera connection kit to be able to try this out. Just wondering if anyone else has made this work or tell me why its a bad idea? I know just enough to cause trouble... This is the link that got me thinking it might work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAn4RMhbvyc Thanks for your thoughts,
EVIDENTchurch

about 7 years ago

I would love a multichannel setup for my iPad. It would be cool if the midi worked as well. We may be ahead of our technology though. I'll keep an eye on the post to see what you figure out though!!
jordoc

about 7 years ago

Ok, so here's the deal. iPad and prime connect just fine with the camera connection kit to my presonus 1818vsl. However, it is still only outputting 2 channels (L/R). I have no idea how complicated it would be within Prime to write an update that would allow outputting to multiple channels but it seems like it could be possible with this hardware setup. The main value, I am looking for is to be able to use ableton like functionality in a super stripped down version that makes it easy to mix tracks (multitracks sent to FOH/Mon), adjust tempo, and adjust key. Prime does all of that except it limits output to L/R only. If anyone else has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
mattmccoy

about 7 years ago

This is not a feature of Prime at this time.
jetblackmc

over 5 years ago

Hi Matt. Any rough time frames on Prime supporting multi channel outs?