iPad/Prime Issue

Prime App

jryandrum@gmail.com

almost 4 years ago (edited)

Hello, I'm running Prime on a iPad Air 2 (MGL12LLA, software up to date) along with a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (firmware up to date) for multi out. The iPad connects to the Focusrite via Lightning to USB 3 adapter (Camera Connection Kit). The issue I have is this: When going from a click track song in the Prime app to a multi track song, I hear several pops and clicks while it loads the multi track song. Then the multi track song is distorted and playback is unusable. Closing the app and re-opening will often resolve the issue. Sometimes however, I must unplug the Lightning adapter from the iPad and plug it back in in order to get clean audio on the multitrack song. This only happens with the multi track songs. The click track songs can go back and forth between one another without issue. Any thoughts on what it might be? I've restarted the iPad, confirmed everything is up to date, replaced the USB cable, but the issue remains. The Focusrite has seen better days so Im not convinced that isn't part of the issue. But I also cant rule out the Prime App or Lightning adapter. Appreciate any insight! Thanks Jason
JansonRoberts

over 3 years ago

Hey Jason! I recommend reaching out to Focusrite for iOS and Apple product support. See if they know of any updates or known issues for the interface having issues with connecting to certain apps and causing audio issues. Let us know what you find! =)