iPhone 8 splitter not powering looptimus

Looptimus

phardage

about 3 years ago (edited)

I recently upgraded phones to an IPhone 8 Plus and realized after buying it that Apple only has the lightening port for headphone jack. I run prime through my iPhone and have been able plug both looptimus and headphone jack for audio and controls. I bought a Belkin splitter but this morning discovered it wouldn’t power the pedal. Any suggestions? I have the usb camera adapter for the pedal going into the lighting slot of the adapter. Thanks!
Derkerr

about 3 years ago

Hey Preston, The Belkin splitter is only for charging the iPhone through that port. It will not send MIDI or power the Looptimus. The best suggestion I have is to either purchase a Puc+ to turn your Looptimus into a Bluetooth MIDI controller, using an iOS compatible audio interface, or run PRIME on a Mac or iPad. If you used an iOS compatible interface, like the iConnect Audio 4+, you could plug the iPhone into the interface and the Looptimus into the interface as well. Then you could run multi-outs with PRIME. The Puc+ works really well and we have tested it up to 50 feet. You can purchase it at mipuc.com. It will control PRIME via Bluetooth. It is powered by AA batteries, but they last about 5-6 hours. I definitely understand the pains of losing the headphone jack! Hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community! -Derek, The LC Team
phardage

about 3 years ago

Thanks.... seeing as my old MBP is from June 2009 and can't run the Prime software, and I use my iPad for lyrics it might be time to buy an ew MBP... woo hoo! Will Prime work in background mode so I can still use iBooks for lyrics and control Prime through my Looptimus? I appreciate the reply.
Derkerr

about 3 years ago

Hey Preston, PRIME will work in the background so you can still use your lyrics. -Derek, The LC Team
phardage

about 3 years ago

Thanks Derek! Just finished rehearsal tonight and had a couple problems running PRIME in the background and was wondering if you had any suggestions. Occasionally I'd hit the play button my Looptimus and nothing would happen. I'd have to go into the PRIME app so get it started.
Derkerr

about 3 years ago

Hey Preston, Yeah that may be the case when controlling it via MIDI. I was imagining you hitting play in PRIME and then going to your other app. Would you be able to run lyrics on your Mac and run PRIME on your iPad? Hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community! -Derek, The LC Team
phardage

about 3 years ago

Quick question. I just bought a new MBP and it only has the usbc jack. Do you recommend any hubs that will power the looptimus still?
Derkerr

about 3 years ago

Hey Preston, Any official Apple brand adapter will work. Make sure it is the official Apple brand. Here is one option: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter?afid=p238%7Cs3kpSGqXc-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_246386725857_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid--product-MJ1K2AM/A. Hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of LC! -Derek, The LC Team