Logic & MainStage

is this possible.....

Logic & MainStage

kferris

almost 8 years ago (edited)

So - is it possible with Mainstage and or prologic and a (not sure if the term is correct) firewire audio interface to: If the device has inputs and outputs.... run vocals, acoustic guitar, and a keyboard in... and use mainstage/logic to modify the sounds of the vocals, add effects to the guitar and utilize layered keyboard sounds... AND - send multiple tracks from the multi track loops to my mixer? All using a Mac laptop? And - trigger Pro presenter 5 at the same time? I am in the process of wrapping my brain around the possibilities I can do for our worship team with this technology.
mrdister

You can do all that minus the Pro Presenter with Mainstage, and it's only $30! Although it would have to be a beefy MBPro to handle multiple software instruments and live instruments all with plugins. MS can send multi-outs to a multi-out interface and you can plug in as many instruments as you want, assigning them to different tracks. You can then create your software instrument tracks to receive incoming MIDI data from your keyboard. MS doesn't have a way to send outgoing MIDI that would be received by Pro Presenter though.
kferris

Thank you. I could o that and then save some pennies and get Abelton down the road.
nathan.robb.52

almost 5 years ago

Can you trigger pro presenter via Prime app? The app can be controlled by midi.