Is this possible? Can I convert a template created in 32 bit to 64 bit? ***** Help ****

Ableton

kferris

over 6 years ago (edited)

My understanding is this will utilize the full RAM available to assist with audio drop out.... True? Any Cons ?
tsho08

over 6 years ago

are you talking about mainstage? using a ms2 in ms3? If so I've done it, not really had any issues. However I do like making new templates so I change my template look every few months or everytime I use a different controller with my gear. As far as cons I had none at all.
kferris

over 6 years ago

sorry...trying to eliminate the audio drop thing. I figured it out...opened up the 64 bit Ableton and then located my template and opened it up......didn't seam to help the drop one bit...:(
tsho08

over 6 years ago

ok fair! Didn't mentioned what you were using lol. I know you've used both. Glad you figured it out!
nlsn

over 6 years ago

I may be wrong, but I thought the 64 bit Ableton will only work if you have a 64 bit operating system.
tsho08

over 6 years ago

apple use to run a 32 bit system until a few updates ago. They switched to 64 bit a while after. That's why.
nlsn

over 6 years ago

Right, same with Windows beginning with Windows7. Then, it was available for 32 or 64. Folks who didn't know the difference couldn't understand why, even though they loaded in tons of ram on their motherboard, it only accessed/used a maximum of 4 gigs. 64 bit allows you to use much much more.