LATEST UPDATE

Prime App

jhibbard

12 days ago

I am having all sorts of issues since the latest update. Songs take up to 15 minutes to download completely to a set list, and that's when they actually do. Is anyone else having issues with this? Or have worked out a fix for it?

leroux_hanri

10 days ago

Is there a way to do a rollback to the previous version as this week is crucial and I cannot wait for fixes???? We have our womans conference Friday, Saturday and then offcourse its all about Sunday. I convinced everyone to move from Playback to Prime, but Sunday I stood red faced as there was various issues with the app. Slow responses and app freezes. Autolink not working between songs. Errors when editing markers.

Derkerr

8 days ago

Hi Leroux,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with Prime.

Can you please email support@loopcommunity.com with the device you are using, as well as the version of Prime you are on? Our team can help you get this fixed.

Thanks!

Disciple05

10 days ago

Same issues here. Fired up Prime on Sunday AM with NOTHING left from rehearsal. That was quite the scare! We made it work Sunday, but I'm adding my songs back in now, and transistions aren't working along with lots of other issues!

Derkerr

8 days ago

Hey there,

If you are still experiencing issues with Prime, can you please try updating to Prime 6.0.3 (available now in the iOS app store, and will be available soon in the Mac App Store) this should resolve the issues. If it does not, please email us at support@loopcommunity.com with what device you are using.

Thanks!

Anthony Hoisington

10 days ago

Is there any update coming to fix the issues that all of seem to be having?

mattslack

10 days ago

Hey there! We are so sorry to hear about all of the issues. We are working very hard to resolves each of these issues and hope to release an update soon that will resolve many. For now, feel free to email any specific issues you are facing to support@loopcommunity.com and we can help you find a solution quickly! Thanks for your patience as we continue to optimize Loop Pro and its features for you guys!

tsevilla

8 days ago

Hey Matt. Any word on a fix yet?

Derkerr

8 days ago

There is an update in the iOS App Store that should resolve many issues. If you are still experiencing problems, please email us at support@loopcommunity.com and our team can help!

tsevilla

9 days ago

Prime is still unusable as of 10/09. I have tried all options given to me from Loop Community and nothing has been fixed. My suggestion to everyone is have a good back up plan for this weekend as i do not forsee a solution being implemented before the weekend.

Matt_Wilhelm

9 days ago

I was having issues too. There is a new update that just came out today. 6.0.3. Seems to have taken care of my issues. Fixed the click track issues.

Derkerr

8 days ago

Hey Matt, if you are still experiencing issues with Prime, can you please email us at support@loopcommunity.com with what issues you are experiencing, as well as what device you are on? Thanks!

imaginations

9 days ago

Update..... I think I have figured out the issue. I updated our track IPAD to the new IOS 13.1.2 and our Looptimus no longer works even with redownloading the newest version of the Prime App. I tried the Prime app on one of our other Ipad's that has not been updated to the new IOS and the looptimus and app works perfectly fine. I hope they push a new update on the Prime app soon to work with the new IOS 13.

Derkerr

8 days ago

Hey there,

I believe that your Looptimus mappings have been deleted and that you need to remap them. Can you please try this:

1. Click MIDI with the Looptimus plugged in

2. Click the white box of the function in Prime you want to map

3. Click the corresponding button on Looptimus to map it to that button. When you are done doing this, click MIDI to save the mappings.

You can also click MIDI, then select Default, clear the current mappings, and it will map the default mappings for you.

Hope this helps! If it still isn't working, please email support@loopcommunity.com.

muzishn1

8 days ago (edited)

I’m having ALL SORTS of problems since the update! I had half of the tracks in a song disappear completely from the song - even though they played back. The ones that were still there weren’t labeled correctly. VERY STRANGE behavior! Everything was fine when I loaded the songs earlier this afternoon. Got to my rehearsal and the weirdness began. Really tanked my rehearsal. PLEASE MAKE A FIX YOUR #1 Priority. My confidence level for using it Sunday is SUPER LOW.

Derkerr

8 days ago

I'm sorry to ehar about the issues you are experieincing with Prime! It sounds like there were issues migrating your tracks. I would suggest deleting and reinstalling the app completely and redownloading a fresh copy. This will also update it to Prime version 6.0.3 that should help as well. If this does not solve the issues, please email us at support@loopcommunity.com and let us know what device you are using. Thanks!

jjheinold

8 days ago

nothing works since the update!!! Please get us the fix! Don’t not make us go back to multitrack.

Derkerr

8 days ago

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with Prime. Can you please try deleting and reinstalling the app? If that doesn't work, please email us at support@loopcommunity.com with what device you are using and details about the issues you are expeirencing. Our team can help. Thanks!

mvobar

7 days ago

I had issues with the app or the webpage saying I've been disconnected from the internet, but nothing else had any internet issues. I finally logged out of app and webpage, cleared the cache, and re-logged into everything. That helped.