Launching a song - starting all files at once and not in order?

Ableton

asergek

over 4 years ago (edited)

I'm new to learning Ableton, and am following this great video by Matt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2bIGL_wz0 The problem is, when I follow exactly what is done in the video, IE, download the song files from LC, put them into Ableton, and click play on the master track, it plays all the instruments/files at the same time (For example, an elec guitar that should only be in verse 2, is happening right at the start.) Why is this happening and how can I get the song to launch properly? By that I mean, how can I get all the instruments/loops to start when they're supposed to start, as opposed to all at the same time like one huge mess?
asergek

over 4 years ago

Also, for some reason the files that I drop in are in a different tempo than the rest of the files. For example, I have the This Is Amazing Grace master track, and the main LOOP and CUES are all over the place tempo-wise. The cues are much slower than 98bpm, while the loop is slightly faster than 98bpm. However, The drums, bass, and electric guitar are all perfect with 98bpm.
JansonRoberts

about 4 years ago

Hey Alek, Open Live's preferences and make sure that in the Record/Warp/Launch tab that "Auto-Warp Long Samples" is turned OFF. Re-import those stems into your set and see if you're all good to go. =)
cloysing

about 4 years ago

Oh.. that worked for me - thanks Jason.