Line 6 MKII express setup for Prime

Prime App

alephtaph

about 3 years ago (edited)

Hi there I tried to set up my MKII express to work with Prime, but I managed so far only to assign the volume pedal. I send out MIDI CC amd for the volume pedal it assigned 1/CM26 All the buttons are not working or are not recognised by Prime. I have the following setup in my MKII: MIDI Command: MIDI CC Value: 021 - CC21 Port: 1 or all Cannel: 1 Switch mode: Single For the volume pedal it used the same as above, but value 026 - CC26 and this is working. Thanks for your help. Marco

MKII_1.jpg

mattmccoy

about 3 years ago

PRIME accepts MIDI CC for Faders / Volume Controls. For controlling ALL other actions, it accepts MIDI NOTES. Hope this helps.
brianeicher

almost 3 years ago

Hey Marco, did you ever get your Line 6 Express mii to work correctly with the Prime app? I'm struggling with the same things you were. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
alephtaph

almost 3 years ago

Hey Brian, unfortunately not, but I found a better solution, that works for me. I use a 24 keys Keyboard on a stand with the iPad mounted on it. I assigned some keys in Prime and labeled the keys on the keyboard. As a guitar player I'm still able to press on of the keys during a worship session. For me it works and honestly I prefer it to a foot pedal since I see the key without moving a lot. I will soon post a picture of my setup.
brianeicher

almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I'd still like to see your setup, but I made it work right after I sent you that message. I was able to figure out that when I set the Midi command to "Mackie" in the Line 6 FBV Control software and change the ports...A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 I was able to assign a pedal to each track. There's probably more to figure out, but yesterday I was able to trigger tracks with A, B, C and set D for a "stop" if needed.
edancasa

10 months ago

Hello guys! have any of you finally got working properly the FBV with prime app?
alephtaph

10 months ago

Hi Eduardo No I got a Looptimus and would never get anything else. Be blessed. Marco
brianeicher

10 months ago

Yes. I got it to work. Please see my comment above yours. I tried to explain what I did. Let me know if I can be any more help. Honestly, I set up the pedal 2 years ago so it would probably take me a minute to figure it out again, but I have been using it without any problems ever since.