Logic & MainStage

Logic won't play back new (V2) LC Cues

Logic & MainStage

nickdelvecchio

almost 8 years ago (edited)

Hey Everybody. I'm new to LC, Ive been making my own loops for a while now, and have uses a different cues set, but I'm looking to uload a few of my loops, but I can't get Logic to play back the LC Cues... does anyone have an idea or solution? Thanks!
mrdister

Are you just drag/dropping the WAV files from the WAV folder into your Logic Project?
nickjmcclure

Ohhh buddy. I had the same issue and was able to figure it out. With the help of the internet. The problem is this: the LC cues from the Resource page are 32 bit float audio files which Logic doesn't play. And that's weird since Logic has a 32 bit floating point. But in any case! Here's what I did. Hopefully it will work for you: 1. Make a new folder called something like "Converted" in the folder where you're keeping the individual cue files. 2. Add all of those files to Logic's audio bin. (Arrange Window > "Media" button > "Audio Bin" tab >"Audio file" dropdown menu > "add audio file") 3. Select all of the files that you just put in the audio bin window, right click, and select "convert". This will let you convert them to 24 bit files. Then send them to your "Converted" folder. 4. Now you should be able to create a new instrument using the EXS24 "Sampler" plugin. Creating a new instrument for the LC cues using the EXS24 "Sampler" plugin: 1. Create a new "software instrument" track on Logic. 2. On the left side of the Arrange window, under "I/O", click+hold the plugin button and select EXS24 "Sampler". 3. The window for the EXS24 plugin should come up automatically. If not, just double click the plugin button that says "EXS24". 4. Click the "edit" button in the top-right of the plugin window. 5. "Instrument" dropdown menu > "new instrument" 6. "Zone" dropdown menu > "new zone" 7. Click the arrow in the new 'zone' you just created and select "load audio sample". Use one of the audio files for the cues (the ones you just converted to 24 bit). 8. You can select which note on the piano roll/your midi keyboard you want that cue to be. I started with C2 (the C below middle C). Regardless of where you start, make sure the "key", "lo", and "hi" fields all display the same note. 9.Repeat from Step 6 to assign all of the cues you need to individual keys/triggers/piano keys. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's completely worth it. Plus, it doesn't take nearly as long as this guide makes it seem. Honestly, it took me twice as long to type all this out as it did the first time I tried doing all of this stuff. ALSO - if any of these steps don't work for some reason, quit Logic and re-open. For some reason, every time I tried to play a 32 bit float file by mistake I would have to restart the program. I LOVE logic as a DAW. But daggum it can be a hassle sometimes. I hope it works! Use it for His glory!
mrdister

Nick, your comment rocks. Thanks!
nickjmcclure

Thanks!
thebhgroove

almost 8 years ago

I get a ton of distortion from the EXS24 when I do this
codyvilla

over 7 years ago

Ben, did you ever figure out the distortion issue? I get the same thing when trying to create a midi instrument using the LC cues.
tsho08

over 7 years ago

Ihave logic pro X, What I did was open up ultrabeat plugin chose the drag and drop samples bank and dragged the .wav files onto seperate notes and then saved the instrument as cues. Then i just write in the notes like any instruments for the cues and it sounds right. Not sure if that helps at all?
codyvilla

over 7 years ago

That works! Is there a trick to using more than 25 samples in UB? I created a 2nd instrument for the 2nd half of the cues, but it makes more work than it's worth...