Producing Tracks

Looping the Cello

Producing Tracks

samraecello

almost 9 years ago (edited)

Hey All! I recently joined the Loop Community because I am looking into some hardware and software upgrades. I came across this forum and thought I would post my blog. Here's a little artist statement for some background... After graduating with a degree in Classical Performance at the University of Iowa I realized my alternative and adventurous side was extremely undernourished. I immediately dove into the exploration of my own personalized sound. What inspired me through music school was the variety of emotions that I could express when paired with technical fluidity. However, I always felt the classical realm was far too tangible as I focused all of my artistic energy on music that was placed before me on paper, the structure and bones already planned out. After graduation I started to perform with my looper and explore everything opposite of what I had learned in school. Paired with my classical training I started to discover the rare feeling of boundlessness where I could combine my technical abilities with a deeper inspiration. What I found was that I could more effectively communicate to the audience when I was improvising a spectrum of layers on the spot and could thus extend my creative process outward. I have been experimenting, performing and naturally morphing my style for over a year now, adding instruments like voice, piano, guitar and harp. http://bluegirlnamedazucena.tumblr.com/ I hope you enjoy! Samantha Rae