Looptimus, Expander, and Expression

Looptimus

ajhughes

about 5 years ago (edited)

I currently have a looptimus and using it with Ableton. From time to time when I lead with a smaller band, I have experimented with pad mode. I'm considering getting an expression pedal and the expander. I'm hoping someone might know if this is possible, or if there is a better way to accomplish this. I would to use the looptimus in pad mode (which works well for me now) and use the expression pedal to control volume. I was hoping to use the expander to change loops in Ableton at the same time. Is this possible? I lead playing guitar, and was hoping this setup would allow me to control pad volume with the expression pedal and the pad sound by separately trigger the sound change using the expander. I'm not sire if this approach makes sense, so if anyone has a better suggestion I am eager to listen. Thanks in advance!
ajhughes

about 5 years ago

Sorry, I just realized I let out an important detail. I have a single jack Looptimus pedal. I was just reading a bit more and it sounds like this version can only manage one of the two additions... I may be out of luck...
mattmccoy

about 5 years ago

It can't definitely be done, but you would need a dual jack Looptimus to accomplish this. If you have single-jack Looptimus, you can only have an Expander or an Expression pedal plugged in.
mattmccoy

about 5 years ago

can*