Looptimus - Prime

Prime App

jimmyrobeson

over 7 years ago (edited)

Does anyone know how the Looptimus pedal is going to work with the Prime App? Will there need to be some kind of interface between the pedal and iPad/iphone? Thanks!
mike

over 7 years ago

It is standard MIDI. If your DAW support a midi controller, it supports Looptimus.
tsho08

over 7 years ago

It's midi just like any type of controller. But instead of it being things like transport controls on your keyboard it's made for guitar players and your feet. So it will setup as an external midi device. Some of the more popular DAW's it will automap. For some other DAW's you may need to map the controls, but it would work like any controller in that way but for your feet with a solid construction. If you are a guitar player this is gold! As a keys player it still has some serious advantages. Leaves your hands free, not many good controllers like this. Also Prime works with the prime ipad app with is unique. So the connection itself is a stand usb connect. Same cable you probably have in your printer.
michaelsstreet

over 7 years ago

Matt, what I mean is a master volume for each song. The Individual track volume is great but sometimes there is a 10 DB difference from one track to another.
mattmccoy

over 7 years ago

Hey guys... For Looptimus and Prime to work together, you'll need the official Apple Camera Connector Kit. It won't work with a 3rd party one (apple has regulations on this). Also, Prime works with any USB controller that sends MIDI messages. If you have one, you can try it out today :) Looptimus Expression jack will adjust the master volume of all tracks. Looptimus is mapped to scroll your setlist with NEXT and PREVIOUS Then buttons 1 - 6 will launch your songs, STOP will stop all tracks. Many more features on the way. Glad you're interested!!!!
fathedz

over 7 years ago

Looptimus isn't advancing to the next setlist in Prime with the next button. Is it meant to? Seems strange that I have to do it manually with my hands halfway through a worship set. Prime randomly loses half the songs from my sets also? Is this a known glitch? Will there be a fix soon? James
mattmccoy

over 7 years ago

Hi James! 1.) The Next and Prev buttons aren't meant to advance set lists... they are meant to go to the next page of songs. For example, in bank 01 you have access to songs 1 - 6. in bank 02, you have access to songs 7 - 12, etc. 2.) For the songs you're losing in set lists, can you tell me if this is happening after you close the app and re-open? Is it just removing the songs from the set lists, or do you also have to re-download them? It would also be helpful for me to know how much Free space is currently available on your device. Thanks Matt
sumset

over 7 years ago

I've had my Looptimus for a couple weeks now and tried several times to use it with either of my DAWs with no success. I use Sony Vegas Pro and Reaper. Both of them recognize the controller but neither of them seem to have a way for the controller to transmit the data and control my software. I have watched the Ableton video several times and it looks so easy. Anyone with mad nerd skills would be appreciated. JK!
correarc1

over 7 years ago

Hey guys, I would love to be able to use looptimus with prime a little differently. I would love to be able to set each button to be a different starting point in the song. For example. Button 1 would start the metronome. Button 2 would start the whole song. Button 3 would be assigned to a spot in the song where I might want to start again (going back to a chorus or something like that) button 4 would be similar to button 3, but could be set at a different starting point. Quite honestly, I'm currently playing around with the idea to purchase ableton live, and this feature alone would keep me from doing that. Thoughts?
vvccmusic

about 7 years ago

I would love to see a master volume control as well that could be set for each song within the software. Using the expression pedal let's you control the overall volume, but you have to do it on the fly and it's less precise than being able to balance the volume from song to song ahead of time in the app with a master volume. Also It would be great if individual tracks/instruments for a song were all imported at a level below the max (maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of the way up) so that if you just wanted to turn up one track in a song you could just push it up a little rather than having to turn all the other tracks down. Maybe there's an easy way to do something like this already that I'm missing though. I want to say though, that I'm just starting with Prime and I absolutely love it!!!