Looptimus and Isotonik Follow

Looptimus

justinjkent

over 6 years ago (edited)

Hey Community! I was wondering if anyone is using their Looptimus and Isotonik Follow. I have version 3.1.98 of follow and I'm having problems. When I map anything to Follow, it flips out and keeps switching between next and again rapidly. I'm currently working with Isotonik to see if we can fix it, but has anyone had this problem? Anyone using it and it's working? The Looptimus maps to everything else perfectly fine, so I'm pretty sure it's Follow.
justinjkent

over 6 years ago

Getting closer! There is a loopback with the IAC driver. Still have no idea how to fix that since I use that extensively.
kferris

over 6 years ago

i use Looptimus and Isotonik and mine works great now. Had some prelim issues but have not had one issue in quite awhile. i've tried a couple different mappings and have finally settled on what i feel is the best. Has it ever worked? Does it work if you use a key from your laptop? I'm assuming you have everything else dialed. Quantization set at 1/4.... Wav files are not cued to Loop...etc....etc
mikewatson

over 6 years ago

My Looptimus isn't playing nice with Isotonik Follow. I've mapped the 'A' button on Looptimus as the foot switch control of Follow. In the Follow plug-in, I've got the footswitch control with Again and Next selected. The way I think it should work would be: First press of Looptimus, launches 'Again' from follow. Second press of Looptimus launches 'Next' of Follow. Again works most of the time, and next just freezes Ableton for about 10 seconds. Then playback stops completely.
justinjkent

over 6 years ago

So, I finally have it working. It had to do with the settings in the MIDI/SYNC window. I've always just turned all 3 on just in case :). Unfortunately, this was creating a MIDI loopback between the IAC Driver, MIDI over network, and the Looptimus. Luckily I won't use MIDI over network until Easter, so I have awhile to figure it out! Thanks Community!
mikewatson

over 6 years ago

Mind sharing what you turned on/off?
kferris

over 6 years ago

How I have mine set up up doesn't have anything to do with Midi from my understanding ....except the midi assignments I did to set it up. I was having similar issues as you Mike until I did a few things.... I didn't try it between each item so I have no clue if it was all or just the one. I started running my templates on a SSD Lacie Porsche external drive. I changed the global quantization to 1/4. Disabled Firewire networking -This optimization can help free up bandwidth in the firewire bus and allow FireWire devices to work more efficiently. Open System Preferences>>>Click “Network.”>>>On the left hand sidebar, click on FireWire/Built-In FireWire/Thunderbolt FireWire. Click on the drop-down menu for “Configure IPv4″ and choose Off. Click Apply and restart your computer. Disabled Firefault encryption This will allow your hard drive to work more efficiently with your DAW. This took my Mac Book about 3 hours. Open System Preferences. Click “Security & Privacy.” Click on the “FileVault” tab. In this window find where it states: “FileVault protection is (on/off) for the hard disk…” If FileVault is on, click the button to “Turn Off FileVault.” After I did all this... I have not had one issue...it works like a charm.. I run all kinds of MIDI (Pro Presenter, Midi sync for tempo to my Voice Live 3, Onsong on my iPad ) I hope that helps......i sure love having that as an option
mrdister

over 6 years ago

Crew, I've had issues when Follow transitions from a scene in 6/8 to a scene in 4. It will incorrectly fire off the scene at the wrong time. It happens inconsistently but enough to consistently cause issues in sets. Anyone else experience this?
mikewatson

over 6 years ago

I started messing with the MIdI menu, turning things on/off. I'm working straight off of Kristian Ponsford's template, btw. If I turn IAC 2,3, & 4 'off' on 'remote' everything works beautifully. Turning them back on causes Ableton to freeze up. As far as I can tell, there's nothing assigned to the IAC 2,3,4 in the template, but it won't work unless they are all configured like that. Maybe Kristian can speak some truth on this...
justinjkent

over 6 years ago

That was the problem I was having Mike. I have it working for how I need it right now, so that's good!
mccallum88

about 5 years ago

Would it be possible for someone to post a tutorial on getting Follow 4 (or previous version) to work with Looptimus? Struggling to figure out how to make these two play nicely together.