Looptimus connect to USB 3

Looptimus

gert

over 2 years ago (edited)

Hi I'm trying to connect my looptimus foot controller to my new mac mini where I run Ableton. It works fine on my old macbook pro, but there is no midi to the mac mini. Do the looptimus not support usb3? Best regards Gert
Derkerr

over 2 years ago

Hi Gert, The Looptimus does support USB 3. Make sure that the adapter you are using is an official Apple brand adapter. It has to be Apple brand in order for MIDI to be sent correctly. If you are using an official Apple adapter, and it is still not working, please let us know. Thanks for being a part of LC! -Derek, The LC Team
gert

over 2 years ago

Hi Derek Thank you for your answer. When you write adapter, do you mean from USB 3 C? I'm connecting to normal USB3. Best regards Gert

IMG_4414.JPG

Derkerr

over 2 years ago

Hi Gert, Thank you for the picture, sorry I was confused on how you were connecting it. If you are plugging it directly into your Mac mini, it should work. If it doesn't work when you are plugging it in, make sure you have the Looptimus set up in Ableton like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEmTPIFasqc&list=PL7eG5BZ6Yoj0Uxzfr5fZxKa1469PtxAvI&index=9. If you are still experiencing issues with the Looptimus, please let us know. Hope this helps! -Derek, The LC Team
gert

over 2 years ago

Hi Derek Sorry!! I thought the settings automatically got saved and transferred when I saved the live set and loaded it on the new computer. Thank you so much for your patience and help!! Best regards Gert
Derkerr

over 2 years ago

Hi Gert, I'm glad you got it figured out! Happy looping! -Derek, The LC Team