Looptimus Default Midi Notes

Prime App

jonnyathon

4 months ago

I am trying to setup two foot controllers that essentially have the same functions on them so I can control tracks from onstage and off stage. We have a track that I need to fire when the band is not on stage. I am using a Looptimus and a Morningstart MC6 connected to Prime. The problem that I have is that the default midi notes coming from the Looptimus have a (-) in them and the Morningstar or any other controller that I have doesn't. Example, the D button on the Looptimus might send out a note of 1/E-1 but my Morningstar equivalant is 1/E1 with no dash. I looked up a midi chart to see the midi number assigned to each note but can't figure it out. The charts that I have seen say that E1 is note 28 but there is no version for an E-1 with a dash and note 28 on my Morningstar doesn't translate to the same note that comes from the Looptimus. For reference, many other notes without a dash like G9 (stop) all translate just fine between both controllers. My goal is to clone the Looptimus since I can't change it's default notes. Any help would be appreciated!

jonnyathon

4 months ago

Hey so nevermind, I figured it out! For anyone else interested, the dash is simply negative. Look on the midi chart below C0....

mattslack

4 months ago

Thanks for the follow up! If you have any other questions in the meantime, let us know!

jsnlst10

about 1 month ago

Do you happen to have a list of what the midi notes for each button of the Looptimus is? I'm trying to do the same thing with a Looptimus and KorgKontrol2 by reprograming the KorgKontrol2 to the midi notes of the looptimus.

mattslack

about 1 month ago

Unfortunately we don't have a list of all the midi commands, but you can see the midi notes sent by each midi button if mapping the commands in the Prime app so you can see which notes to map your KorgKontrol2 to. Sorry for the inconvenience but let us know if you have any other questions!