Looptimus not being recognized via USB

Looptimus

shontzomania

over 6 years ago (edited)

I have had my Looptimus for a few weeks now (got it in the latest shipment...pre-ordered a good while ago). When I first got it, my Mac recognized it just fine via USB. I had a week or two where I didn't need it in my keys rig so it stayed home. I went to use it again and it's not getting recognized no matter what I do. Notes (in no particular order) -- My main host is a MacBook Late 2011. -- I use Ableton Live Suite 9 (but I don't even see it in the MIDI utility window). -- I have taken out all other "plugs" (no Thunderbolt, Firewire, or any other USB) and plugged it directly into the MacBook with it being the only external device. -- I have tried multiple cables of different length and quality. -- I have done a factory reset, tried every MIDI port and every brightness -- I have tried plugging it into my Windows machine as well with no luck. It is a server-class machine and I plugged it directly into the motherboard. -- I have tried it on 4 machines total (2 mac, 2 windows) -- The power on the Looptimus comes on just fine. If you look at the unit, it seems to be functioning except that nothing recognizes it. -- I have not tried plugging it in as I don't have a 9v adapter (or if I do I don't know it...I'm not a guitarist, so I don't have a pedalboard or anything to use). -- I have not tried plugging it in through MIDI. My only MIDI interface is in my keys rig and I'm attempting to not dismantle that setup. My intent is to use it strictly USB powered. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Doug Shontz, Jr.
brycehaney5

over 6 years ago

Under Ableton Live preferences, select the MIDI tab. Next to 'Looptimus', make sure the 'Remote' switch is turned ON. If you're using Looptimus to play pads, make sure the 'Track' switch is turned on as well.
shontzomania

over 6 years ago

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Looptimus is not even showing up in the MIDI tab in Ableton...at all. It is not recognized as a MIDI device in Ableton. It doesn't show up in the MIDI window in the MIDI utility on the Mac. It doesn't show up in device manager in Windows. It has power but does not seem to be communicating with the machine. As an update. A friend of mine brought over his pedalboard and we plugged it up to his pedalboard to give it external power and tried to get it recognized on every machine again with no luck. Thanks for the reply and anything else that you can think of! Doug
mattmccoy

over 6 years ago

Hey Doug, Sorry to hear about the trouble. If it still isn't working, shoot us an email at support@loopcommunity.com and we'll get a replacement unit out to you. Matt
shontzomania

over 6 years ago

Just sent the message to support. Thanks so much for your response, Matt!
briancampbellmusic

about 5 years ago

I'm having the exact same issue. Initially, the Looptimus was reading through Ableton, now it is not showing up in the preferences unfortunately.