Looptimus over midi expression pedal not working

Looptimus

Coolnate1983

about 3 years ago (edited)

I have been using the looptimus over midi using a cheap hosa midi to usb adapter. I have the computer out behind stage and the looptimus up front..about 30 feet of midi cable all together. Everything works fine but the expression pedal. I purchased the m-audio expression pedal recommended. The usb to midi receiving the signal...( I see it flashing when I move the pedal) but is not working at all. I tried plugging the looptimus in directly with a usb cable to the computer and everything works fine. Is it the usb adapter that is having trouble or is there something else I am missing?
mattmccoy

about 3 years ago

Strange... my guess is it's something to do with the adapter you're using. Have you tried using a long USB cable?
Coolnate1983

about 3 years ago

I am thinking it is probably the adapter. It has been fine for everything but this. I have tried usb over the 30 ft, but for some reason I got lag when using prime and ableton. It didn't send the information properly. Do recommend any certain brand/type of usb setup for such a distance or a usb over midi setup??
Derkerr

about 3 years ago

Hey Nathan, After the USB cable is longer than 15-20 feet you will experience lag when sending MIDI. If you need to have a connection that is longer than that, you could try a different adapter, or you could use the Puc+ to have your Looptimus send signal to your computer via Bluetooth. The Puc+ is great for up to 50 feet. You can check it out at mipuc.com. Let us know if you have an other questions! -Derek, The LC Team
Coolnate1983

about 3 years ago

Thank you. I will check it out!