Looptimus with Ableton & Prime

Ableton

fathedz

over 7 years ago (edited)

Hi guys. Received my looptimus yesterday. Sadly I wasnt prepped enough to get my camera kit adapter in time so haven't been able to play with it yet. My question is this. I plan on using looptimus with both prime and ableton- prime for when I just want some ambient pads running and don't need my laptop and ableton for when we are using clicks. Can looptimus just switch from one to the other? Would I just set up the first 2 banks on looptimus for prime and the pads and then the other banks for ableton? James
mike

over 7 years ago

You can use the same banks in either scenario. Mapping them in Ableton does not affect PRIME in any way.
fathedz

over 7 years ago

And that is why Looptimus is cool. Thanks Mike. Can you help with another query. I used looptimus the other night for the first time live. The expression pedal for volume seems to uncalibrate itself when you unplug looptimus (to save ipad battery). The volume pedal was in the off (heel down) position, we came back to play quietly in the response and the pad boomed over everything else and then I was too scared to touch it in case moving it to the full position made it even louder. All eyes were on me..... Any ideas?
mattmccoy

over 7 years ago

Hey James, If you touch the pedal again, it should calibrate itself back to the zero position. Can you tell me what kind of expression pedal you are using? This is something you definitely want to test out before you hit the stage next. Loud pads are no fun :) Hope to help, M
fathedz

over 7 years ago

Hi Matt Thanks for the reply. I did road test it pre-live use but didn't count on the volume issue. this is what i'm using foor pedal wise- nothing fancy. http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_lfx1.htm?sid=b852a87ac5bc2f847f74e1826b2d9b66. James
mattmccoy

about 7 years ago

Hey James - everything working better for you?
fathedz

about 7 years ago

Matt All is great with the pedal. Thank you for checking in. James