Looptimus with Jamup

Looptimus

b97501031

about 6 years ago (edited)

Hi, I wonder if anyone uses Looptimus as a midi controller for Jamup, an guitar effect and amplifier simulation iOS app? Recently, I'm seeking a midi controller which can use with expression pedal, for iOS device. I would like to use the setup, an iPad, an audio interface and a midi controller for practicing or amateur live use. I already connected Apogee Jam with iPad via powered USB hub successfully, and intend to use other hub to connect the midi controller. Thanks. Jason
stoopalini

about 6 years ago

It appears Jamup has a midi learn feature, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work. I found this thread with helpful information on how to use the midi learn feature in Jamup: http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11073.0
bryanlimus

over 5 years ago

I did try the midi learn function but it doesn't work. Which is very odd. Anyone else had success pairing the Looptimus with JamUp?
james948

over 5 years ago

I think it's to do with it not sending CC messages. I think you need to use a second app midi flow but I could be wrong. Researching this now as none of the apps I want to use work
bryanlimus

over 5 years ago

James. You are right. I just emailed the Looptimus team and they mentioned the same thing. I guess I just have to use either MidiFlow or MidiBridge... I could use it still to change patches while in PC mode though