Mac seeing Looptimus, but Looptimus not powering on

Looptimus

GarageStudents

over 3 years ago (edited)

I've been using the PRIME app on my mac for a couple days now! Just Finished a session for a camp, now the Looptimus won't work! PRIME registers that the Looptimus is connected, but the looptimus doesn't show anything on the screen, and it doesn't fire any of the tracks. We had just finished our morning session with it working perfectly about 20 minutes before it started doing this, and nothing from my setup has changed. I'm running from my 2017 Mac (USB-C out into an adapter that switches it to USB-B, then running a USB-B to USB-A cable to the Looptimus. We have another session in a few hours, and I can fire the tracks from my computer, but as well all know, the Looptimus makes things just a taaaaaddd easier. So, What do I do?

IMG_3606.JPG

mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

Hey Nathan, 1.) Is the white adapter an official Apple adapter? 2.) Do you have another computer you can try plugging looptimus into to see if it will power on?
GarageStudents

over 3 years ago

Hey Matt, This one isn't an official Apple adapter, but I tried using it with my iPad and my iPhone on an official Apple adapter, and it did the same thing. The screen wouldn't turn on and the Looptimus wouldn't do anything despite all devices seeing it even with an official Apple adapter.
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

This may be a power issue rather than an adapter problem. Please try this: 1. Plug in Looptimus using a regular USB into a desktop / laptop (without using an adapter) 2.) Hold B + E while Looptimus is turning on to adjust the brightness of the LED. Turn it down to 1 or 2. 3.) Try plugging in Looptimus again to your MacBook using the USB-C adapter. This will lower the power usage which may be causing your Macbook to cut off power to Looptimus.
GarageStudents

over 3 years ago

Hey Matt, Tried it, it didn’t work. I also tried A & D and C & F for kicks and giggles! The screen still wouldn’t turn on and there was no response from pressing/holding any button or combination of buttons that I tried. I also tried powering it on via power supply without plugging it into the computer. This did nothing also.
JansonRoberts

over 3 years ago

Hey Nathan! Sorry to hear this. No worries, we'll hook you up! Email support@loopcommunity.com and let us know your mailing address in the email. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
GarageStudents

over 3 years ago

Hey Janson, It's totally fine. I appreciate y'all being willing to work with me on this whole thing. Thank you for your great service!
JansonRoberts

over 3 years ago

Hey Nathan! It's our pleasure! We're glad you're helping us! Hopefully this won't be a future issue for others with adapters that are USB-C.
GarageStudents

over 3 years ago

I hope not, that wouldn't be fun! Hopefully this helps us figure that out!