Logic & MainStage

Mainstage 3/ Logix X

Logic & MainStage

mrdister

almost 8 years ago (edited)

It's here. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/07/16Apple-Unveils-Logic-Pro-X.html
scoottie

It looks like garage band. A lot of fluff for people who want to start a new hobby. Final Cut Pro anyone?
mrdister

I like the audio flexing, iPad integration, new way to group tracks, and the new look. I definitely don't like the 'Drummer' plugin and lack of UI update for software instruments. Apple likes to try to bridge the gap between the am and pro user (FCP), which I don't prefer. Despite that, I would still much rather comp vocal tracks in Logic over Live or PT.
benworcester

Yeah, Dugan, I saw it and thought...oh, it's just like the new Final Cut Pro. Fluff, no substance.
mjaldridge7

almost 8 years ago

I'm using mainstage 3 and logic x starting today, we use mainstage for keyboard sounds. Great new epianos, pianos, synths, and especially the organ, some huge improvements in the sounds and interfaces of the plugins! Downsides are, no longer support for 32bit plugins :'( there goes synlenth and some others... The upside to this is that 64 bit plugins have acces to more ram, so there'll be no bridging occurring which ruins performance. There's also a weird issue with the graphics in full screen which i'm having on mountain lion. Hopefully a patch will fix that eventually.
scoottie

almost 8 years ago

Unfortunately, it's just not how my brain works. I've tried and been forced to use Logic for session and my brain just fights it. Simple midi editing is very counter intuitive for me along with the inability to rearrange tracks in a simple way when mixing. Hunting for parameters when trying to add an automation line drive me insane as well. Of course, I haven't spent much time with it and I'm not trying to bash. It's just a left handed glove for a right handed person. Just not the right tool for me.
jacobmorrison

almost 8 years ago

Did anyone run Mainstage 3 today for worship? Is it stable? I saw that a lot of people were having problems with the App Store version of MS 2 crashing on them a while back. Is MS 3 doing the same thing? I'm wondering whether or not I should upgrade soon.
mrdister

almost 8 years ago

Last week, we ran loops with MS3 at @CommFell with no problems. Before that, we have been running MS2 and haven't had a crash.
jacobmorrison

almost 8 years ago

Okay, good to know. Thanks a lot!
devanbumstead

almost 8 years ago

Yeah, I'll say the "Drummer" is actually brilliant. Especially for songwriting and demo purposes, just to get a song idea into the hands of a community of songwriting collaborators, the sounds and the feels of this drummer are invaluable. My friend and I demoed a song today and tracked everything from start to finish in 2 hours. Also, the hammond update is AMAZING. You'd be hard pressed to actually capture that sound using a real B3 and a Leslie.
MasterKeyz

over 7 years ago

Hi LC. Thank you for your good support. Im a keyboardist and new to sequencing and looping. I need help to figure out the correct connection for my keyboard rig for live performance. I have a Motif XF8 and ES6. I have an AXIOM 25 key midi controller planning to use it to trigger loops n samples. I have a Mac Pro installed with MainStage 3 and i use logic pro x. I'm using an M audio m track sound card. How do i set up this keyboards to run through MainStage and control them from the midi controller? What will be connection? please help me out. Thanks Joe Masterkeys