Logic & MainStage

Mainstage & Looptimus

Logic & MainStage

rongehrke

almost 7 years ago (edited)

Looking for some thoughts on how to best utilize Looptimus with MainStage and the LC Template. I use tracks for most of my songs that will play straight through occasionally cycling a bridge or chorus. So far I have worked out this setup: 1. Change patches via Program Change (also controlling my POD HD500 patches via midi cable). I have my Playback plugins set to start on patch change. 2. Use all access mode with individual foot switches assigned to the next/previous patch buttons, next/previous marker, play/stop, one switch to cycle markers and mute the vocal cues track simultaneously. This is a very workable setup for me; however, I am sure one of you guys with more experience is doing it better. Is there something which I am not considering? Is there a way to assign a bank per song with different switches for different markers? Thanks for any advice!
rongehrke

over 6 years ago

No, the Next and Prev buttons are only for changing banks and settings on Looptimus. They do not send any MIDI information.
CLCFoley

over 6 years ago

ok, I had just seen Matt Redman's drummer's setup, which he uses those, but was using it with Ableton.

Screen_Shot_2014-10-13_at_12.31.46_PM.png

mike

over 6 years ago

Even in that picture, they still only move banks. He's just relabeling the buttons in big text he can see in the dark :D
CLCFoley

over 6 years ago

That stinks, I was really hoping to be able to change patches with those. :)