Logic & MainStage

MainStage LC Template Marker Play Issue...

Logic & MainStage

grimrocker

about 8 years ago (edited)

I have an issue with a song that has some loops only at the beginning. When I use the Marker Play function, a drum loop that is only located at the beginning of the song plays no matter where I start from. This doesn't affect an actual performance, but is extremely frustrating when is comes to rehearsals. Anyone have any insights or work-arounds. Thanks, Joe
Paulcase

Are you sure you are moving the start marker and not the start loop marker? There are two different markers. One is attached to the loop end marker and the one you are looking for is just below it.
mrdister

I think @paulcase is talking about Ableton Live but it sounds like you are talking about Mainstage? I'm guessing that your main PLAY/STOP button is probably assigned to 'Play/Stop from Beginning' which is making it always play from the top, even when you try to start from the middle. You can change this by 1) In Edit Mode (top left), click your play/stop button 2) In the bottom, change the assignment to 'Play/ Stop from Marker' as shown in the attached screenshot Let me know if that doesn't do the trick kyle
mrdister

I think @paulcase is talking about Ableton Live but it sounds like you are talking about Mainstage? I'm guessing that your main PLAY/STOP button is probably assigned to 'Play/Stop from Beginning' which is making it always play from the top, even when you try to start from the middle. You can change this by 1) In Edit Mode (top left), click your play/stop button 2) In the bottom, change the assignment to 'Play/ Stop from Marker' as shown in the attached screenshot Let me know if that doesn't do the trick kyle
Paulcase

Ahhhhhh thats why I wasnt completely sure as to what was going on here hahahaha I havent ever opened Mainstage before....Its a good thing your around Kyle!